Monday, November 26, 2007

Follow-up on RE appointment

Well, it was interesting. As far as medical information and knowledge, it was a complete waste of time for DH and I. We knew all the basic information they presented. What totally blew me out of the water was that many other other couples in the room had no idea what the nurse was talking about. She even had to pass around an OPK to educate people in the room. DH and I just looked at each other like "You've got to be kidding me."

Thankfully, I still felt like we were given individualized treatment. Our packet was missing some paperwork that everyone else's had...because we have already completed about half of the testing the RE requires to get started. It made me feel good that my OB had started us on this road and that the staff of the RE had taken the time to make sure and check. However, it was also shocking to realize that no one else in the room had gone through any preliminary testing.

So now we wait a little longer, until I'm in the right part of my cycle for a little more blood work and an HSG (which I'm terrified about). However, my body, as always, likes to through a curve ball at me every month, and I haven't ovulated. Ah, the saga continues.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like you are on your way!! Good luck! :)